The THS stay package has been carefully created to accommodate the best destination, stay, food, activities and local transfers (local transfers may not be included in the THS package price for some destinations.) The prices clearly states all inclusions and exclusions.
Welcome to a gorgeous forested hill beautifully blended in with a wildlife sanctuary. A holiday destination set 3500 ft above the sea level, an amalgamation of valleys, streams and endless rolling hills with majestic natural beauty. Connecting the eastern ghats with the western ghats the deciduous, evergreen and grassland vegetation here offers refuge to a variety of wildlife. A fabulous location for those who cherish the pristine beauty of wilderness. What’s more this destination was once home to a famous Indian Bandit who used to hide in these dense forests. Come here for a mind blowing holiday with generous helpings of wild adventures.
- Wildlife Safari –The unique eastern-western corridor and wide-ranging climatic conditions provides plentiful support for an unparalleled amount of diversity. The Hills form a link that houses some of the most glorious herds of Asian Elephants and a majestic array of birds to be found anywhere in Southern India. The hills also plays host to all three of India’s most ferocious predators- Tigers, Leopards, and Dholes. Take a jeep safari and witness the jungle drama unfold whilst trained naturalists, who have lived here all their lives, share their knowledge and love for the forest and the animals. The Sambhar, Chital, the shy Barking deer and the rare four-horned antelope are also found here.
- Trekking –This is a trekkers paradise with long winding forest trails and mystical paths. Local naturalists, who know the terrain well will accompany you and lead you to the peaks of nearby hills. Experience a paradise with misty mountains and greenery spread out for miles.
- Bird Watching – A great destination for spotting some rare and beautiful feathered creatures. Enthusiasts can take short trails which are abound with forest birds. About 254 species of birds recorded in the hills.
- Tribal Village Visit – This region has been the home for the Soliga Tribe for hundreds of years. Legend says that on seeing their leaders affinity to wild animals the God’s asked them to reside in the forests and protect it. The Soligas or ‘Children of the Bamboo’ were traditionally a semi-nomadic people. They have lived, and continue to live in communion with the forest this epitomizes the kinship between man and nature in an enchanting fashion.You can take a short walk to visit the Tribal Hamlet and learn how the Soligas have lived since time immemorial in these forests.
Cozily nestled a midst the hills this serene eco friendly resort is a great way to refresh those tired city nerves. Far far away like a hidden wonderland you can set your own pace here. Sit by the lake and watch the kingfisher making a vertical dive for its lunch or gaze at the clouds from the hammock, as the langur monkeys alert the forest of a passing predator or simply cuddle up in your beautiful little cottage.
Tastefully furnished and comfortably luxurious you can catch the amazing view through 12 feet high glass windows of these duplex cottages which blend beautifully into the land and the trees around. Enjoy great views of the lake, the pond or the marvelous organic farm. Breathe in the fresh cool air and laze back at this all natural hill resort. You also have the option of staying at the fun tree houses or tents again fully equipped with modern amenities but in a totally wild set up.
You can relish the beautiful view of the lake while sampling fresh delectable food made with locally found ingredients. The fresh milk and most of the vegetables are obtained from the resorts very own organic farm. The cool misty weather of the Hills makes for a great cup of coffee. Enjoy great coffee, tea and Ayurveda health drinks.A great way to detox and gear up for all the trekking.
Enjoy a therapeutic massage in the health center that has been built right in the middle of the lake. the trained massage therapists will help you truly relax and rejuvenate and the in house Ayurveda doctors also provide natural remedies for any ailments
Experience local tribal and culinary experiences including the Tribal Resource Center and share the culture and history of the Soliga tribe. Peer at artifacts dated 800 BC.
This is a fairly modern concept that integrates the best of travel and volunteering. While you are enjoying your stay, why not visit the residential school, maybe even take a class for our students, help in the organic farm, harvest vegetables and herbs that you will enjoy for dinner, picked by your own hands or even work the dairy farm! There is a lot you will take back from each of these unique experiences, and you can take our word for it, these experiences will leave a lasting impression on your mind!
Air: The nearest airport is Mysore (90Km).
Rail: The nearest Rail Junction is Chamarajanagar (40Km).
Road: 90 kms from Mysore city and 170Km from Bangalore city.
The Holiday Studio can arrange for all your internal transfers to various gorgeous sites and pick up and drop from airport/railway station/bus stop. Please mention internal transfers requirement in the inquiry form. Charges for internal transfers is not included in the THS package price.
- Air Conditioning
- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Conference Room
- Forest View
- Internal Transfers
- Pick up and drop- Airport/Railway/Bus stop
- River View
- Yoga and Meditation
We are sorry, there are no reviews yet for this accommodation.
One of the most exhilarating adventure activities you can enjoy on foot is Trekking. We have some great trekking destinations of different difficulty levels. So whether your looking for leisurely nature trails or long camping treks, let us know what you want and we will hook you up. Our trek sites are spread out from North India to South India to offer you a variety of trail types.
Click on the DESTINATIONS tab to see Trekking Holiday options. Happy Trekking!